Thursday, September 14, 2017

of Nike and potential energy -- sulla Nike e l'energia potenziale


So I have memberships to quite a few international associations and I very much enjoy getting their newsletters to quench my FOMO. 
Unfortunately I don't really participate in many of the events they organise. And that's because of two main reasons:

1. My kids' adolescence sucking up every tiny bit of what's left of my energy.

2. The Nike effect. Being a member of these clubs makes me feel connected with their network just as owning a super-cool, dri-fit, latest collection, state of the art running outfit makes me feel fit. It's all in the potential, really. 
If I go as far as putting it on while sitting at my computer, I am ready for the olympics.

-------------------------------------

Sono iscritta a diverse associazioni internazionali e mi piace molto ricevere le loro riviste per sentire che mi tengo al corrente di tutto. 
Sfortunatamente non partecipo a molti degli eventi che organizzano, e ci sono due ragioni principali:

1. L'adolescenza dei miei figli che risucchia ogni residuo di energia che mi è rimasto alla fine della giornata.

2. L'effetto Nike. Essere iscritta a queste associazioni mi fa sentire connessa e informata proprio come avere nell'armadio un favoloso completo da corsa dei-fit della ultima generazione mi fa sentire in forma. È tutto nel potenziale.
Se poi lo indosso mentre sto seduta davanti al computer, sono pronta per le olimpiadi. 

(pic by me, all rights reserved)

No comments:

Post a Comment