Friday, January 26, 2018

of forgotten memories -- su ricordi dimenticati


An event from 7 years ago just flashed through my mind (it was on Facebook Memories), and I think it's worth reporting so I too for once can be one of those annoying bloggers who report every single word pronounced by their small precious babies as if it were prophecies of the Lady of Medjugorje. 

It's a precious memory because it reminded me that there was a prequel in which my kids were not yet possessed by puberty. 
The pre-grumpy years. 
Good old times.

So one day we were walking down the street and crossed a blind man with his dog and cane ("cane" is dog in Italian, so I am writing "dog and cane" and feel like he had two dogs. I think this is called Linguistic Rebound) 
(I just made it up of course).

Anyway, the kids look at the blind man and my son,  the hopeless romantic, says:
"He'll never look at a sunset... or see Roger Federer play..."

To which my daughter, the hopeless pragmatist replied:
"He'll never know what to wear!"

(This is the same girl that when she heard that when I first saw Grease I was her age, said: "are you sure Mami? 'Cos it's got colours...)

-------------

Un evento di 7 anni fa mi è appena tornato in mente (era nelle Memories di Facebook) e ho voglia di scriverlo, così per una volta sarò anch'io come quelle mamme blogger che mi sfiniscono riportando ogni singola parola che esce dalle labbra dei loro preziosi pargoli, manco si trattasse di profezie di Medjugorje. 

Si tratta di un evento prezioso che mi ha ricordato che c'è stato un tempo in cui i due teenagers non erano ancora posseduti dal demonio dell'adolescenza (con il demonio e la Madonna di Medjugorje nello stesso post metto la palla al centro). 
Bei tempi.

È successo che un giorno eravamo per strada e abbiamo incrociato un signore cieco con tanto di cane e bastone. 

I bimbi lo hanno osservato  per un momento e poi mio figlio, l'inguaribile romantico, ha detto:
"Non vedrà mai un tramonto... e nemmeno Roger Federer giocare..."

A cui mia figlia, l'inguaribile pragmatica, ha aggiunto:
"Non saprà mai cosa mettersi!"

(Questa è la stessa donzella che quando le ho detto che la prima volta che avevo visto Grease avevo la sua età, mi ha risposto: "ma sei sicura, Mamma? È a colori, sai?")

No comments:

Post a Comment