Sunday, March 11, 2018

on who makes the violins -- su chi fa i violini

I have been so busy, and missed this corner very much. There is so much in my mind, I am just so tired I can't put together a beautiful patchwork of a post. I will just say two things before I go to bed, or I will forget.

I was at a concert tonight and started observing the instruments. I wondered if the people who make these magical objects know all along what their job will be. I have never heard a child say: when I am big I want to make violins. Nobody ever asked me: lawyer, doctor or violin-maker? I would have had no doubt. 

Tonight I sat on my Poang and started reading a new book I got from my sister. It says that it was snowing, but the sea couldn't care less. It was eating up the snowflakes like popcorn. I wish I had come up with an image like that. It must have been in the land where violins are made. 

------------------------------

Ho avuto da fare e mi è mancato il tempo per quest'angolo. Ho tante cose in testa ma non riesco a farne un bel patchwork di un post. Dirò due cose però prima di andare a dormire. 

Stasera ero a un concerto e ho iniziato a pensare agli strumenti. Mi sono chiesta se gli artigiani che fanno questi oggetti magici sappiano fin dall'inizio quale sarà la loro missione. Non ho mai sentito un bambino dire: da grande voglio fare i violini. Non mi hanno mai chiesto: medicina, legge o violini? Non avrei avuto dubbi.

Stasera mi sono seduta sulla mia Poang e ho aperto un nuovo libro che mi ha dato mia sorella. C'è scritto che in un paese di mare nevicava, ma che al mare non importava affatto. "Si mangiava i fiocchi come popcorn". Avrei voluto scrivere io un'immagine del genere. Doveva trattarsi della terra in cui si fanno i violini. 

(pic by me, all rights reserved)

No comments:

Post a Comment